Sunday, March 24, 2013

Start the Day off Right with a Well-Balanced Breakfast!

I LOVE my weekends!

I love being able to have time to make a wholesome meal that combines all of the food groups!

This morning, I was thinking about making the standard Sunday breakfast- eggs, sausage, and hashbrowns. I quickly realized I didn't have any hashbrowns left. So I started a reconnaissance throughout the kitchen and discovered a frozen potato and green bean medley. Green beans for breakfast? Why not?

It was a hit!

Freshly squeezed grapefruit juice, strawberries, and apple made the plate as well.

My hardest part of eating well has always been portion control; I've started trying to incorporate more fruits and vegetables into every meal. I've also started to cut back on my portions of starches and meat while increasing healthy fruits and vegetables on my plate.

Don't like vegetables? Eat them first! That way you will fill up before you devour that whole 22 ounce steak!  

Have a great weekend!
Cheers to being In Shape Forever!

~J~

© 24 March 2013


No comments:

Post a Comment