Thursday, March 28, 2013

Living in the Moment

My yoga instructor is amazing! She is motivational and inspirational, but best of all, I leave her sessions feeling tranquil and mindfully optimistic. During my most recent class, she recommended that we live in the moment.

I know it's hard for me, because I always focus on the past, but she asked us to focus on the moment at hand. Don't dwell on the failures of the past, Don't worry about what the future holds- YOU can't control everything!

It really got me thinking. I do need to focus more of my energy on the task at hand. I only have one shot at life and I'm tired of tirelessly dwelling on the negative and waiting for something better to come along! That futuristic Utopian day may never come! The old adage "Good things come to those who wait" may not always work out as originally anticipated!

Take full advantage of today and every day! Enjoy each and every moment with family, friends, and yourself!

What's the best advice you have ever received from a mentor, coach, friend, or family member? Feel free to leave a comment!

© 28 March 2013 

~JF~


No comments:

Post a Comment